A very happy new year to all those who celebrate with the lunar calendar, as most Taoists do. This day is most well known as the Chinese new year, but is celebrated all over by lunar calendar followers.
This year ushers into the year of the Ox. The Ox is dependable, modest, calm and stable, they tend to speak little but when they do are quite eloquent. The Ox is exactly what we need this year to help our failing economy. Here are some Ox facts:
1. Our new president, Barack Obama is an Ox. Oxes tend to achieve through hard work and routine.
2. Oxes are some of the truest friends you'll ever have.
3. Oxes tend to be good at careers like composer, landlord, doctor, cook, police officer, teacher, judge, banker, insurance broker and gardener.
4. A Chinese New Year tradition had the elders giving red envelopes to the young people that contain money.
5. Oxes are most compatible with Snakes, Roosters & Rats.
I am a monkey, but can really see the need for an Ox.
Happy New Year!! Happy New Year!! Happy New Year!! Happy New Year!!