Monday, April 2, 2012

A Unexpected Delay

I must apologize for not beginning my 30 day challenge when I had said I would.  Unfortunately, last week, my grandmother passed away.  I have spent the time since then gathering with family, hosting six house guests from Florida (2 of whom are under the age of 4) and working on projects for the service.

The loss is not entirely unexpected, I was fortunate enough to get a chance to tell her I loved her and see her one last time before she passed.  I am one of three people that can say that.  She was a terrific woman, and I loved her great qualities and I loved her flaws.  She enriched the lives of everyone around her, while not being afraid to tell you to your face if she thought you were messing up.  I really admire that quality about her.  She believed in living life to the fullest, for her life was like one great party and she wasn't about to miss it. 

This event has me mulling around in my head a lot, we'll see that comes of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment