Pumpkin and Cream Bread
Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices each)
- 1-1/2 c. pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. Stevia Cup For Cup sweetener
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 t. vanilla extract
1. For the Batter: With an electric mixer, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
2. For the cream cheese filling: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and flour until creamy and smooth.
3. Grease 2 8x4x2" loaf pans. Divide half of the batter between the two pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Top with the remaining batter.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don't overbake or your bread will be dry on the edges. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
One serving (2 slices) = about 100 calories