Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 19 - A Talent of Yours

This one is a tough one.  In general I don't feel particularly talented at anything.  A friend of mine often calls herself a "jack of all trades, master of none."  I kind of feel the same.  I have many hobbies, and many things I enjoy doing, but don't really feel I've mastered any of them.  I'm decent at most things I try, but lack the discipline it takes to really cultivate a talent.

One place I have always excelled was school, I'm not sure if that's a talent but it'll work for this blog anyway.  The format of school has always been pretty easy for me, people tell me very clearly what they expect of me and I am willing and able to deliver.  I graduated high school early, got a Bachelor's degree in three years and just finished my Master's degree with a 4.0 GPA.  I like the cut and dry of school.  An assignment frames the task at hand, giving me clear goals to work toward.  Once submitted, feedback is almost always given, allowing me to continually improve.

1 comment: